PC Requirements for playing Roblox (including Mac)
To be able to play ROBLOX, you are going to need:
Operating System Requirements:
- PC/Windows – ROBLOX will install on Windows XP but for better performance it is recommended to use Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1. Metro mode (The tile screen) in Windows 8.1 isn’t supported at the moment and probably never will, so you will need to run ROBLOX in Desktop mode.
- Mac – You can play ROBLOX on Mac, but you will need to have OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and higher as well as a Mac running with an Intel processor.
- Linux – Unfortunately, ROBLOX is not supported on Linux.
- iOS, Android & Amazon Fire OS – ROBLOX will run on iOS, Android and Amazon Kindle. Click here for ROBLOX Mobile requirements
WORD OF WARNING: I once installed a pre-release version of an operating system and could not install ROBLOX. Be aware, as I had to do a complete reset of my whole computer to get ROBLOX back!
- Processor: ROBLOX recommends that you are using a recent processor from 2005 onwards with a clock speed of 1.6 Ghz or better.
- RAM: ROBLOX also recommend you have at least 1GB of Memory on Windows Vista, 7 or 8 computers. 512 Mb of memory is recommended for Windows XP
- Storage Space: Roblox recommends that you have at least 20 Mb of storage space to install ROBLOX